Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014!



Another year in the books and I see the passage of time in my kids and I can feel it in my knees! ;)

Well onto gaming...right now Star Wars is on top of our list of games and we are also looking at Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea as well.  I am excited about both of those games for a variety of reasons.

Star Wars because well...it's Star Wars and the system does play well.  Lots of input from the players and the GM really working on telling a story and the players finding ways to contribute as well.  I liked this concept from the Marvel Supers game from MWP but alas that is gone now.

ASSH on the other hand is a guilty pleasure from when I was in high school and we were playing RPG's.  You don't have to have huge Adventure Paths or campaigns but something simple that flows....I like episodic roleplaying now that I am older and I think I can pull this one off nicely.

Ghosts of Albion has been nipping at my mind of late as well and I think I finally got Tim to buy into running something for the five kids and me!  Good about time he showed off his game!

Alright my hands and eyes are tired so....Happy New Year to anyone reading this! :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you as well.

    Star Wars and Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea sound like fun. I love cine-uni so Ghosts is always good (though I'm more of a modern cine-uni guy).

    ReplyDelete