Friday, August 10, 2012

Inspiring...my Scifi flame...

I make no claim on this but I found it to be very inspiring for some Scifi that I am cooking up...

I have always been a big scifi nut, when I was a kid I read the Perry Rhodan series, the Ensign Flandry books most of the E.E. Doc Smith books across all of his writings.  I loved reading Piper and a little bit of Asimov and Heinlein, these are the books that have colored my views of scifi before Lucas and Star Wars.

Today I love reading Weber (Honor Harrignton), Jack Campbell (The Lost Fleet) and David Drake (RCN series) these authors today are what color my scifi now.  When I prep for a scifi RPG this is what is in my mind and I'm not sure if that is good or bad but it is what it is....

What Scifi authors color your games for you?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of Weber's books, may have to look into those. I LOVED the Flandry books back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked Flandry, try Drake and his RCN novels...you can see some comparisons.

      Delete