Thursday, April 12, 2012

Secret love...

Ever since 1983 I have had a secret love affair with Call of Cthulhu, I have kept up with the different editions and even some of the attempts to convert it to different systems.  True20, Savage Worlds, D20 and Gumshoe to name some that I have come to own.

I have played it in the modern setting, I have played it in the roaring 20's but I have never played CoC by gaslight.  When I heard a few months back that this was coming out I was ecstatic  because as much as I have kept CoC a secret my dark secret is Victorian Era gaming!  This is the Reeses Peanut Buttercup for me, and I have not had a chance yet to read through this I will be reading through it this weekend and I am trying to get my print copy as well. ;)

Hopefully more of us out here will be picking this up, I am going to try and get into some CoC games whenever I can.

I will post more about this down the road...and Tim if your reading we really should do some translations of some characters...hint hint hint! ((Sorry for the insider message.))

5 comments:

  1. Hint taken!
    I love this game and my old beat up 2nd edition is in dire need of needing replaced.

    I just did a big review about it last week when it came out. http://timbrannan.blogspot.com/2012/04/c-is-for-cthulhu-by-gaslight.html

    I am hoping to have something up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be picking up a print copy as soon as GP has them.

    But it has been YEARS since I played CoC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got my copy from GP, literally just walked back in with it in my grubby hands!

      Delete
  3. Yeah...so I heard when I went there to get one. I someone got the last copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know it was the last one...lucky me then!

    ReplyDelete