Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DAMN! There is some crap brewing between the parties that wrote the WB rules seems that Marv and Matt are on two different pages about this and it might effect anymore copies of the book being sold. This is a damn shame as I am really enjoying the rules and the pbp game that I'm running currently. I am also using this with my kids and they are loving it, though they do miss all the cool power ups from 4thEssentials they are enjoying the problem solving.

I do hope these guys can get if figured out amicably and soon, there was some neat stuff in the pipe from what I understand and I would like to see it sooner rather than later.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure sounds like a disagreement between three people all of whom thought they were doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me that if you release anything as Open Content, then anyone else can just copy the open game content portion as is and re-release it. Sure, the name of the product is copyrighted, but the material isn't. So, the game can still be re-released (or at least the open portions, anyway, and I think it's all pretty open, IIRC), but the name may have to change.

    At least, that's my understanding of the way the OGL and open content works.

    Hope This Helps,
    Flynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that is the nature of Open in the license. Anyone can use anything including large blocks of text.

    The name should be listed as PI, but don't have my copy here to look at.

    ReplyDelete