Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Superhero Game

I have bought the newest version of Villains and Vigilantes and it brought back some great memories of playing it as a teen. There are a few differences from the 1982 revised rules but really nothing that is game breaking, I am just happy to see it in print again and in the hands of the creators.

I also have been looking at ICONS and I have to say that I really like these rules...and I have converted quite a few Marvel and DC characters. The rules are very simple and I can see that everything that I have done with MnM/Champions/Marvel/VnV I can do with the ICON rules.

I look forward to the next edition of MnM but I'm not sure I will be picking it up right away...but we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I pulled out my 2nd Ed V&V just the other day and was thinking that the new V&V is what I needed.

    I have Icons now, but have not looked at it yet.

    And of course I will get the new M&M along with the DC Heroes/Universe one too.

    And yet...I don't think we will get much of a chance to play any supers games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will get a chance to do something with the high school kids...Nathan, Connor and Austin have their characters already for ICONS. Shade, The Jade Warrior and Valiant should see their premier issues here soon. I was also thinking of doing a pbp game using one of the systems.

    ReplyDelete