Thursday, June 3, 2010

ICONS!

I went ahead and got this last night and I have read through some of it, I have to say I like a lot of the simplicity to the game. I have to say first that I am not a huge fan of MnM, something about it just rubs me the wrong way, though I am a very large fan of Champions!

ICONS seems to be something more akin to FASERIP and Bash, simple yet elegant that is very intuitive. The random method to making characters is really well done and I can see lots of room for growth. I'm not going to break down the system yet, I am still wrapping my head around it but I am very happy with my first read through of it.

More to come!

2 comments:

  1. Could this mean you will play a game based on FATE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! NO because the mechanic is not FATE, well it can be OR you can use the simple 2d6-7 PLUS the relevant Power/Attribute/Specialty!!

    ReplyDelete